A 2 day symposium on March 14-15, 2016 is being organised to honor Jorge Sarmiento's long distinguished career and important insights he has made into the global carbon cycle, ocean biogeochemistry and modeling.
The range of physical and temporal scales considered will weave together ocean circulation, the global carbon cycle, ocean elemental cycling, and ocean biogeography. A set of invited talks will provide the broad context for panel discussions and poster sessions that will address five topics:
- Ocean ventilation - From the North Atlantic to the Southern Ocean.
- Dance of the elements - What chemistry tells us about life on earth?
- Life in silicon - How are we doing at modeling changing ocean ecosystems?
- The breath of life - A changing carbon cycle.
- Climate Policy: Impacts and Mitigation
Symposium attendance is free of charge, but registration is required and limited to 200 attendees. Registration will close on February 29, 2016.
Student Travel Scholarships
A limited number of financial travel scholarships are available for student poster presentations. Apply below by entering a poster summary abstract and short video summary or slide presentation of your planned poster presentation. Entries must be received before the deadline of February 1 for scholarship consideration.